Thursday, December 15, 2011

Title: The Capture

Author: Kathryn Lasky

Place and year of publication: June, 2003
557 Broadway, New York.

Number of pages: 226 pages

Where you found the book: CHS Library

Story Review: I think this book is called The Capture because Soren(main character)was captured by St. Aegolius Academy. This book takes place in the forest of Tyto where the barn owls home land is. Before Soren was captured by St.Aegolius Academy patrol his life was perfectly normal. He had a new baby owl sister and his older brother Kludd and of course his mom and his dad. Because of his evil brother. He was taken to the dark frightening canyon called orphanage. He and his friend Gylfie suspects that it’s going to get far worse… To escape, the will need to try something new; fly. Along the way Soren and Gylfie bumps into Digger and Twilight, together they seek the truth and face unthinkable danger.

My thoughts I chose this book because a friend of mine recommended to me. I liked this book because it had a lot of adventures and mysteries in it. And I also enjoyed the part when the four bands of owls work together and seek the truths. In my opinion this book is a great I really enjoy reading how Soren reacts to his problem and solving it. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about adventures and mysteries

Christian perspective: some of the reasons why I don’t think this book is written from a Christian perspectives are, does not include anything from the bible, it doesn’t include anything about what would Jesus do. And it could have been written with a lot more Godly in it

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book full of adventure. Thinking from the perspective of an owl, I wonder how much courage it must take to learn how to fly. To do it, you have to throw yourself off something high and pray that you don't smash into the ground as you haphazardly flap your wings. Just craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria,
    I'm glad that you took a recommendation from a friend to read this book. I wonder if you were able to figure out what was going to happen to Soren before the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete