Thursday, June 14, 2012




The picture of Dorian Gray

Author: Oscar Wilde

Publisher: Playmore INC and  Waldman publishing corp.

Place and Year of publication: New York, 1888

# of pages: 240

I found it in my brothers room

Story Review

The books name is The picture of Dorian Gray cause when this painter paints a picture of Dorian and then he thought that when he grows old that he will look at this picture and want to feel young again. The time and place is 1976 in London. The main characters in this book are Basil,
Lord Henry, Dorian Gray, Sibyl Vane, and James Vane. The problems in this book are when Basil paints the picture, when Dorian falls in love, Sibyl commits suicide, when Dorian kills Basil, when James is killed and when Dorian changes place with the horrible painting. The theme is hard to find but the theme is how mad some people get.

Christian perspective

This book was not written in a Christian perspective if it was then it would of been like Dorian praying or Basil praying and Dorian would of liked sibyl for her not her talent. Dorian would of loved her and he would've cared that he was growing old cause then when he dies he would go to heaven.

Your thoughts

I chose this book cause it looked interesting. My opinion of the book is that its cool and interesting but I was kind of bored when i read it. I liked the book cause it was just my kind of book but I didn't like it cause it was just a bit confusing. I would recommend it to people who like fiction cause this is a fiction book

1 comment:

  1. I would like to hear more about the plot of this book. You have me interested about why the main characters dealt with such difficult problems. What happened in their life?

    ReplyDelete