Friday, June 15, 2012

The Door in the Dragon's Throat

Title: The Door in the Dragon's Throat
Author: Frank Peretti
Publisher: Crossway books
Number of pages: 111
Where I found the book: Christian Heritage Library



Summary  

In this book the main characters are Jay, Lila, Gozan, and their father Dr. Cooper. This book takes place in Nepur this town is filled with danger and is very mysterious. The time of this book was not mention. Dr. Cooper and his crew are sent on a expedition to the Dragons Throat which holds treasure. the problem was that everyone try to go to the Dragon's Throat and they all failed. The theme of this book is mysterious because you never know what going to happen


When Dr. Cooper and his crew arrive at Nepur there was no one there. Nepur is filled with danger and is nothing but sand. Dr. Cooper and his crew found a big door and at the bottom of the Dragons Throat. When
Dr. Cooper and his crew tried to open it, an old man kidnaps Cooper daughter Lila. The man who kidnapped Lila He is under a curse, and believes that Coopers God is powerful enough to free him. Then they pray for him and he accepts God in his heart.


Meanwhile Gozan steals the key and give it to the president. Dr. Cooper finds out that the only thing in the Dragon throat are demons. Coopers family hurries up and finds that the president has opened the door. Afraid he hurries away and falls off a ledge and drops the key. Cooper takes the key locks the door.



Christian Perspective  


This book was written in Christian perspective. Coopers family belief was really strong. There was never a moment the the questioned God. They never lost faith and always trusted God. when things didn't go there way they prayed and and never lost their faith,  and always stayed true to him.



My Thoughts 

This is definitely one of the best fantasy books I've ever read. I found this book very interesting to read. The reason  I chose this book because my E.L.A teacher recommended it to me. What I liked about this book is that a Christian author wrote it, and I was excited to see how the author would write a Christian fantasy book. What is disliked was that the action took forever to start and felt that the book like a year for me to read. I would recommend this book to people who like fantasy.












1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I really enjoyed this series when I was your age. It has really intense action along with a lot of biblical references.

    ReplyDelete